Tuesday, July 13, 2010

The 3.9lb Elephant in the Room

My last weigh-in was not a success. :( It was the opposite of successful with a substantial gain: 3.9lbs. I think some of this is due to bloating, some of it is due to the fact that while the parents were here, I was a) distracted from eating a lot and b) sick a lot, so I ended up taking in a lot fewer points than normal--and I compensated for my starvation last week. Now, I'm hopefully back on track.
We had an amazing thunderstorm last night. Lots of thunder, lightening, and lots of rain. I really appreciate rain now that we have a lawn that is solely our responsibility and that we can't seem to keep moisturized with our sprinkler. The downside to the rain is that the permanent awning for the bay window in our house is leaking. I was freaking out last night so I slept on the couch, and was able to experience every drop as it worked its way down through the ceiling and out onto the floor (then the trash can that I put there, then the fleece blanket that I put over the trash can to muffle the sound).
Aside from the leak, we have two other big problems that I'm not sure how to handle: the power to the garage is totally gone. Though annoying, this is less of a problem than the sediment that comes out of our kitchen sink along with the water. I have NO idea what to do about that.
Greta's having a fun time today. Every time she hears anything outside she freaks out and yells at them. She needs a little (by which I mean a TON) of attention today.
With school getting ready to start on top of trying to finish my job which is both huge and boring on top of these house problems on top of handling my leadership positions this year on top of having to give a talk in church last Sunday (okay, so I'm over that part now), I feel super stressed. I'm at home all day working and so the old standby seems pretty attractive (I mean eating to relieve stress). The setbacks suck in this context. I need to get a to-do list. It's amazing how much better I feel when I have a clear outline of things to do.

I apologize if this post has been a bit of a downer. On the positive side, I found out that our library is awesome, has a ton of the books I like (fluffy mysteries) and has an awesome adult summer reading program which gets you actual, literal prizes each week rather than a stupid entry into a stupid contest with stupid prizes that you will never win. It hurts to pay those taxes, but it sure feels good to pretend like you're getting free stuff with the proceeds.

No comments:

Post a Comment