Friday, July 23, 2010

First Public Solo Physical Demonstration

I am super proud of myself. Today was the Nintendo Wii Summer Games at the mall. My husband and I, team Greta Force (after our dog), took third place out of all the adults today. If by some miracle that stays the same through tomorrow and Sunday, we'll be headed to compete in California.
Anyway, part of the competition was Wii Fit Hula Hoop, at which I'm something of a savant. I was really nervous all day because I had to basically demonstrate physical prowess in front of a bunch of strangers. I didn't want to choke. I didn't want people to think I was ridiculous for being overweight and trying to compete at a physical task.

Anyway, things were awesome. People were watching me--I swear I saw someone take a picture--but it didn't matter because I knew I could do it and so I did! In fact, I got the high score on the machine for the day.
It's little victories like this that keep me going. And I hope I'm going well. I have exercised a lot (some of it official, a lot of it just lots and lots of housework) but it's made me hungry and so though I've exercised more than I've eaten, I still feel a little bit nervous about what the weigh in is going to bring. I am always afraid that I'm lying to myself, too--like underestimating how much I really ate. I try not to--but there have been times where I've forgotten a snack I had here, or a goodie there. I guess I can only try my best and keep going and going and going.

1 comment:

  1. If it wasn't apparent before, I'd like to make it official: you're my hero.

    ReplyDelete