Saturday, September 18, 2010

Ow!! Ow!! OWWWWWWWWWWWOWOWWOWOW!!!


my husband felt like I needed to clarify that the affected finger is not my middle finger, so I am not, in fact, flipping off the camera. I feel that it's important to clarify that my finger looks a lot more swollen than was caused by this injury because I have an enormous writing bump on my finger's left side just a little ways under the nail--so though it looks like my bone may have shifted sideways there--it didn't. The injury was funny in that it hurt so bad, but the worst-looking damage came from what was basically an exfoliating treatment on my finger-skin. It peeled off the top layer of skin and piled it up near my nail bed. That's also where the big impact was, so I'm a little afraid to remove the skin.

I needed a reminder why morning proactivity is bad. So I bounded up the stairs, checked up on Jimmy, the Monk Parrot who moved back into our house because it was cold outside, and promptly shut my *(&@#$%*@(#* finger in the #*@&#*%^@* window cause I was trying to open it to give a real nature experience to my #*@#*%(@*#%#^@*#^%(@*#*%^@ bird. And now I need chocolate. Yay.

Actually though, this morning I noted a definite smaller-ness in my abdomen (which is always the last to show any effect whatsoever.) I felt really, really pleased. Until said ouchie happened....

It feels like my nail bed is having contractions. Well, okay, technically I don't know what real contractions feel like, but every couple of minutes I get a sharp pain in my nail bed that feels like it is constraining and then eventually releasing. And I think that's close enough to count. I'm wondering if my nail will fall off. That would be a bummer. albeit kind of an awesome bummer. I did get a gift certificate in the mail yesterday for a complimentary manicure and pedicure for new clients at this one salon. I wonder if they would be willing to just paint my nail bed if the worst should happen?

No comments:

Post a Comment