Thursday, August 26, 2010

Frownie Face

In this picture, I tried to look like a basic cartoon frownie face. It's a lot harder than it seems like it should be.
:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

If my life right now were an elementary school term paper, I just feel like it would have lots and lots of frownie faces.
My house is a mess. People keep coming over and I'm like "We're just unpacking still" but what I'm really thinking is, "this house looks like one of those houses they bust into when they find abused children and animals that are all covered in crap and are unfit for human habitation."

And to feel better about my house, I just keep eating. I feel like I can't stop. I haven't been recording my WW points for about 2 weeks, and I don't know how to pull myself back onto the wagon.

At school, I keep totally forgetting things: I'll read only half of the assigned reading, I'll forget to do my duties with my student groups. I'll remember later when people start feeling bad cause I forgot to give them attention--but until then, it's gone forever.

I know these things have easy fixes, but I'm tired a lot, they seem overwhelming, and at the end of the day, I feel like I'll never be able to get back on top of it. I feel like I'm in a big ball of shortening, and though I know that all I need to do is trim the fat, I'm already totally immobilized by it.

The one step I will take, though, is to start posting my points for the day in my blog posts, so that I have some sense of accountability. I don't know it for today (though technically it's tomorrow and my points count is 0.)

I don't want to get to the end of the rope just to hang on at the bottom. I want to swing to a better, longer rope--better yet, a ladder, and start getting out of this funk.

No comments:

Post a Comment