Thursday, May 20, 2010

CAAAAAAAAAAAAKE!!

i know EXACTLY how she feels

Today is a toughie. This whole week actually. Unfortunately, that's just typical for the week after the monthlies. I feel hungry. I could eat the whole world and still have the munchies. And so this week there is no fine line between self-control and deprivation. There's none of the positive feeling of eating just what you need and not more--I feel like Golem--I just can't get enough of THE PRECIOUS. Food feels like the enemy today--and it is especially rough because today is my husband's birthday, and we have cake, junk food, chocolates, treats, goodies, and we're going out to eat! Ordinarily it's okay to have a little bit of a few things and I can feel satisfied AND good about myself. Today I want all of everything. I've been saving up points for dinner tonight. I got grumpier and grumpier all day until finally I gave up on actually making the cake and went out and bought one. And now even as I'm blogging I'm in a staring contest with the cake. It wants to beat my self control. I want to let it.
But you just have to keep going and keep trying. The ultimate sense of accomplishment when the munchies finally abate is worth it. Knowing that a little self-control now will leave me healthier, happier and in better shape later is what keeps me going.
I want to be clear: I am eating according to my online Weight Watchers plan--which gives me a healthy number of points to use each day and flexible points during the week. I typically use all of them--and I'm losing weight without normally feeling deprived. Frankly, even before I was on a reduced calorie lifestyle, I could never feel full during these weeks. The question is whether to give in or keep going. I'm trying to keep going.

No comments:

Post a Comment