Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Sweeties, a Home and HOT! (Continued)


Try whole wheat crackers with Nutella. They're the best of both worlds--healthy crackers and delicious chocolate. 3 Weight Watcher Points.

Sunday nights, my husband and I call our families on speaker phone to catch up. (of course, I call my family basically every day anyway.) Sometimes we supplement this with video games played online over the wii with his brother and sister in law. Since now, most of his family has joined in on the weight loss game, we had the chance to compare notes a little bit. We talked about our food vices-basically the genre of food without which, we would never eat too much. My husband does not have a weight problem, but he LOVES breakfast foods. His birthday breakfast--for dinner--was chocolate-bacon pancakes. My brother-in-law said dinner foods are his vice. And mine--mine are sweeties. I love sweets. I like healthy food for my meals BUT I love goodies, any time of the day. My big challenge in trying to lose weight is to find lower impact ways to satisfy my sweet tooth. I try fruits and yogurt and low fat ice cream, but in the end, it seems bets just to have a tiny, tiny bit of the real stuff. It satisfies the craving without loading up my belly. As long as I make sure to eat lots of healthy foods around the day (and that's a challenge too), I don't feel too bad about it.

We just got loan approval on our house. I feel excited but also apprehensive about our finances. I hope my plants can survive for another month without south-facing sun. It will be nice to have more than three rooms for about the same price we pay for our two rents plus no daft corporate landlords.

I've been trying to find exercise through cleaning in preparation for the move. Lately I've been trying to de-horrible our couch--which needs to be cleaned. I've stripped the cushions, washed the covers, and soaked the cushions themselves in bleach and detergent and used hot water to rinse them. Drying is the problem. I put them out on top of my truck, and I hope it works. But even if it doesn't work, we were going to have to throw the couch away anyway.


they look so clean from far away! Let's hope they dry all the way through, cause it is humid, and ....



...the sky is looking a little ominous...

No comments:

Post a Comment