Saturday, May 22, 2010

Sushi (Reprise)

my fun decorations before a tragic mishap during fetch with my dog left a slobbery plush rabbit hanging from the tattered remains

I am now a sushi chef. I won't cook for anyone who likes perfect sushi, and I don't know how to prepare anything that contains raw fish. BUT if you like fruits and veggies and smoked salmon and fat free cream cheese, hit me up!
Today was yet another day where everything seemed appealing. And frankly, I had a little of everything. A little bit of Belgian Waffle, half a hot dog, some eggs, watermelon, carrots, apples, and many various kinds of sushi. We went to the book store and hung out. I think one of the best things about changing the way you eat is the spare time you have. When you can't use food as an outlet for boredom, anxiety, stress, anger, depression, etc., you have to come up with something else to do. Napping only fits the bill for so long. I've been doing art, singing, learning the guitar, reading a lot of blissfully mindless horror stories (except that means that my dog has to sleep in my bed at night) and (gasp!) applying for jobs. I have an interview on Monday! If I get the job, I'll be teaching high schoolers about law and law school for a four-week course beginning in July.
(Even though it is now technically Sunday the 24th, this still counts as my Saturday post).

No comments:

Post a Comment