Saturday, May 29, 2010

Party Party Party


this was supposed to be a cute picture where I was balancing the little cupcake on my tongue. turns out that my mouth is much smaller and the cupcake is much bigger than I had anticipated.

The beginning of the summer is crazy for keeping to a lower calorie lifestyle. Husband's birthday, Mom and sister's birthday, my birthday, mother's day, memorial day barbeques and breakfasts, cakes and cookies and ice cream and cheese steak sandwiches and french fries and brownies and soda pop and pie and heavy pastas and lots of salad dressing and candy!

I'm torn between two worlds: the old world of weight gain where I could eat whatever I wanted (and got sick a lot) and could have as much as I wanted, and this one, where I have to watch what and how much I eat.

I am happy when I make good dietary choices, but I feel like I've still got a foothold in the old world--I want to eat tons of brownies and potato salad and hamburgers and hot dogs and toffee chip ice cream--I can't shake the addition to the sweets. My problem is that I sacrifice eating good foods so that I can eat more junky foods. This upcoming week, I want to change the way I make my choices. After all, I can eat more overall if I eat fewer goodies.
Good luck to me this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment