Thursday, May 27, 2010

dog days

tired of wearing sunscreen, I have adopted hat-wearing!

It was extraordinarily hot today. I am aiming for a more regular sleep schedule--starting with eliminating naps. I'm hoping this will put the snap back in my step. I'm starting to realize that no amount of sleep later can compensate missing a good night's sleep.


is hope on the way? the cool breeze that has been rattling the wooden chimes (that is not a picture of a robot alien) has picked up, the sky has clouded over, and I'm hoping soon we'll have some rain!

I'm always thinking of reasons to lose weight, and yet another one occurred to me today. I really don't enjoy going to the doctor, and I've noticed that as I put on weight I began having to visit the doctor more--and my respiratory issues got worse. My goal for health care is preventative maintenance rather than palliative treatments.

Speaking of which....
Today my little friend Greta had to go to the doctor for a check up and to get caught up on her vaccinations...three of them....

say WHAT??!!

There's nothing like having to work with two other people to hold down a thrashing eighteen-pound puppy in order to get a blood sample. Greta got a little cranky. Especially after the second shot. By the third one she was ready to go home.


Greta gets to reward herself with treats--even if I don't.

she also gets a nap. (I can't take a picture of her with her eyes closed but they have been and she's still in the same position sleeping).

No comments:

Post a Comment