Saturday, June 19, 2010

Moving, Hurt, Sleepy, Dumb Scale

1. Moving: We're up to about thirty-five boxes. I feel like we could just work from now to Friday and still never be done. But unfortunately neither of us can do that because we both have a ton of work to do at our respective jobs this week, AND

2. Hurt: I think I am broken from moving too many boxes. I was lifting this box that wasn't that heavy, and something went *boing!, or *scrunch! or *yowch! and ever since then, I've felt just a little "off." My back is also sore. I don't know if it's a hernia or overreacting, but it just feels weird and cruddy, and I can't lift things as exuberantly as I used to be able to. Inside I'm just saying, "WHY NOW??"--but I guess that's what happens when you lift too many boxes and your husband is gone most of the time and coughs all night long when he is here, making you...

3. Sleepy: Soo sleepy. I realize it's really late at night--my mom would be upset if she knew that I was awake. But I'm a little preoccupied with the move, work and the...

4. Dumb Scale: I can't use the Wii Fit right now because it's been packed--I usually use it to track my weight. So we had to get the bathroom scale out and re-batterize it. It turns out that it is magical. I stepped on it, just to see, a couple hours ago, and the news was not good. About 1.5 hours later, I had lost two pounds!! Then my husband stepped on the scale, and had gained about 10lbs! About 3 minutes later he stepped on it again (because we weighed our dog with Brandon holding her and she had lost like 5 pounds (which would be like a third of her weight and she obviously hasn't lost that)) and he had lost about 5 and a half pounds!! So...the weigh-in tomorrow should be interesting. If I'm not happy with what I see, maybe I'll just wait a few minutes and try again.

*Bonus* Our two year anniversary is on Monday! I just keep getting happier with my marriage. We'll see if that lasts when we actually live together!

No comments:

Post a Comment