Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Restless

After a zero-sum game last week, I wanted to hit the ground running this week. Unfortunately, I ran straight into food troubles. We were going to a church Memorial Day Breakfast, and I figured that splurging a little bit was okay. Too bad the splurge was on a 16-point almond poppy-seed muffin (I only ate a third of it, but still...)
Now that my job prospects have not worked out--I'm stuck at home all day without any real plan. I just want to graze all day. It feels comforting to eat food. It makes me happy--at least it gives me something to do.

But I am desperately trying to stick to the plan. I would kill for a cheeseburger and a caesar salad with lots of croutons and to wash it all down with a Sprite.
After a week of zero loss, I just feel like it doesn't matter. If following the plan doesn't help me lose weight then why bother at all?
I want to feel more hopeful, but when I think about what would make me happy, a delicious fatty treat is the only thing that comes to mind.
I've got to find a better way to fill up my time....is anybody hiring?

No comments:

Post a Comment