Wednesday, June 2, 2010

STORM!

Today was so much better than yesterday. I had a much easier time sticking to the plan. AND there was a tornado!! (not here but there was a warning here). Greta and I had to hide in the bathroom for a short while--after which we realized that the storm was letting up. And then Greta got a bunch of trash out of the bathroom and spread it all around to celebrate our survival.

I found out today that doing dishes in this heat and humidity makes me sweat a lot! Does that means it is exercise?



this is what it looked like after the storm. The camera doesn't really capture the ickiness of the sky. The air was thick with humidity, but there was a bit of a chill in the air.


looking to where the storm had progressed. This is the right half of the rainbow. The left half is below. They form an almost perfect arc. If I were more blog-savvy, I would definitely have stuck them together in the post.

huge bolts of lightening were still forking across the sky to the east of us. the sky was a muddy blue-brown but the rainbow made a stunning contrast.


the setting sun lent the still-stormy sky a sickly yellow sheen. That is not the moon there above the street light. It is either a raindrop or an evil spirit orb. or it could possibly be the moon...

Exercise is supposed to help you beat sickness. I'm going to go on the exercise bike now for a few and hope that it does it for me. Today I went outside and walked Greta. I came back in, sneezed twice, and was suddenly overcome with that getting-sick feeling at the back of my throat. It's my body's way of saying, "I'm not sick----yet. Don't make any plans for the weekend." Unfortunately, I DO have plans for the weekend. And they are awesome. So awesome that if I have to experience them on a gurney they would still be super awesome. More on that later....

No comments:

Post a Comment